Sunday 6 December 2015

Winnipeg Senior Photos 2015

Have you ever walked on a railroad bridge?  If you’ve watched the movie, Stand By Me, then you remember the scene where the boys cross the railroad bridge.  If you haven’t seen the movie - watch it right now.  Seriously.  Drop whatever you’re doing and watch it.

WARNING - some NSFW language, and some viewers may find the scene disturbing.

I am not the copyright holder of this material and I make no claims of ownership.  This material is owned by Stephen King, Act III Productions and Columbia Pictures.



Anyhow, in my opinion, this is an extremely accurate depiction of walking on a railroad bridge, even if it’s just a few metres onto it…

Before these photos were taken, I don’t think I’d ever actually been frozen by fear before.  I didn’t realize I was such a chicken!

In my defence, the gaps between the railroad ties are HUGE, and they’re not perfectly even and railroad bridges are kind of shaky, and even if there are sides on the bridge, there’s a good metre wide gap between the wall and the end of the railroad tie.  
Did I mention that the gaps are huge?

I’m not ashamed to tell you, beloved reader - I crawled like Verne until I got back to solid ground.  Then I took some photos.

The beautiful Ms. M was much more brave.






More after the jump!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.